Adam M. Goodman,
Standing Chapter 13 Trustee
Northern District of Georgia
Office Hours: 8:00 A.M to 4:30 P.M
[Home] [Staff Directory] [Forms] [Directions] [FAQ's] [Links] [National Data Center (NDC)] [HAMP]
|The Office of Adam M. Goodman, Standing Chapter 13 Trustee, is responsible for administering Chapter 13 Bankruptcy plans in the Northern District of Georgia for cases assigned to Judge W. Homer Drake, Jr. in the Newnan Division, and Judge Margaret H. Murphy and Judge James R. Sacca in the Atlanta Division.|
If you need information a case, please call us
at the number below. The
correspondence address is listed below as well. We can also be reached via e-mail for
Fax: (678) 510-1450
Postal Address: 260 Peachtree St N.W.
Atlanta, GA 30303
Office Hours: 8:00 A.M to 4:30 P.M.
Orders Submission E-Mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
*Tax Return Submission E-Mail Address:
*Please ensure all pertinent information is properly redacted from the Tax Return form. Your email may be rejected otherwise. Also please have all Tax Forms submitted AT LEAST one week prior to the scheduled 341 meeting and do not submit any through this email once the scheduled 341 has been held.
Standing Trustees are committed to excellence and to providing a high level of trust and service to chapter 13 debtors and creditors. Creditors, debtors, attorneys, judges and others who come into contact with Standing Trustees are entitled to service which adheres to the highest standards of professional, moral and ethical conduct.
1. The trustee's office should be open and operating Monday through Friday during regular business hours.
2. The trustee should have a system in place to promptly respond in a meaningful manner to inquiries from debtors, creditors, attorneys, and all interested parties.
3. If the trustee is not personally available, the trustee should have competent staff available to assist or to respond to inquiries.
4. The trustee should work to ensure that debtors comply with their obligations under the Bankruptcy Code and Rules.
5. The trustee should work to ensure that debtors comply with the provisions of their plan and should take appropriate action if the debtor fails to commence plan payments when required or if there is a subsequent default in plan performance.
6. The trustee should maintain a system which efficiently tracks the progress and the receipts and disbursements in every chapter 13 case, from the time it is filed until the case is closed.
7. The trustee should have a system to timely and accurately record all receipts and disbursements on the appropriate debtor ledger.
8. The trustee should disburse plan payments to creditors on a monthly basis, and should have procedures in place to properly classify and pay creditors' claims and to detect and recover any erroneous payments.
9. The trustee should ensure that all trust account ledgers and accounts are balanced on a monthly basis and should have a procedure to regularly review all cases with significantly large balances on hand or other fund irregularities.
10. The trustee should maintain a reasonably comprehensive system of internal controls over accounting and office operations, both paper and electronic, to safeguard estate assets and trust funds.